Friday, July 22, 2011

"Got Motivation?" - By Guest Blogger Natalie Rossier

Got Motivation?

We hear it almost everyday and know that we need to workout, eat a balanced diet and build strength to live longer, healthier lives. However, funny as it may sound, sometimes we need a little extra push more than our health to get to the gym.  We live in one of the 'happiest places on earth,' so why not take advantage of it!  Start hiking, trail running, biking, swimming, try playing beach volleyball or take a walk down Avila's Bob Jones Trail.  Taking advantage of our beautiful scenery and outdoor playground here in SLO is a great motivator to get to the gym.  For myself, working out and staying healthy and in shape is fun.  Why, you may ask? I use these outdoor activities to get my own tushy into a combat class, cycle class, or my own strength workout.  This way, my workouts do not only benefit my body and overall health, they allow me to hike to the top of Madonna Mountain without passing out;)  Getting involved in fun physical activities you enjoy can lead to achieving your ultimate health and fitness goals such as losing weight, running a race, building bone density and gaining control of your future health.  Motivation for your health can be found anytime, anywhere but sometimes you might have to look for it.  I ask you this, what is your motivation?

~Natalie Rossier, ACSM Certified Personal Trainer and your biggest fan

No comments:

Post a Comment